The Midwest Industrial Tanks UL 142 listed Waste Oil Tank features a unique double-wall clamshell design that meets SPCC regulations, eliminating the need for a secondary containment tank. The double wall fuel storage tanks are manufactured with carbon steel.
The tank is constructed with a 12 gauge carbon steel outer tank that fully contains the entire contents of the 10 gauge carbon steel inner tank.
Midwest Industrial Tanks Waste Oil Tanks are used in the following industries:
- Engine repair shops
- Auto repair
Choose from the following sizes:
Notable Features include:
- Unique clamshell design features double-walled protection that doesn't require a secondary containment tank.
- Rugged carbon steel construction.
- Ports are provided on both inner and outer tanks for easy access.
- Equipped with emergency vents, a built-in level gauge and leak gauge, 2 inch suction tube with cam lock fitting, and locking fill box with integrated filter drain.
- Protective powder-coat finish looks great and extends durability.
- 250 gallon capacity.
- Stationary design with integrated fork pockets.
- Lockable design for security.
- 2 inch outlet port for fast flow.
- UL 142 Listed.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty.
Are the Fuel Storage Tanks UL 142?
Yes, all above ground fuel storage tanks manufactured by Midwest Industrial Tanks are built to UL 142 specifications.
What are the benefits of the Clamshell design?
Midwest Industrial Tanks offers an innovative clam-shell design for its fuel storage tanks.
The clam-shell design results in a more secure tank that minimizes leaks. The unique design also creates a more appealing visual design.
The “Clamshell” design consists of the following:
- Reduces raw materials and minimizes waste.
- 1" folded edge with the welded seam on the flat surface, rather than a corner seam weld.
- Strong and longer lasting welds.
- Minimizes potential for leaks.
Are the Fuel Storage Tanks compliant with SPCC?
Yes, the double wall clamshell design meets SPCC regulations, eliminating the need for a secondary containment tank.
The Oil Pollution Prevention Regulation (40 CFR 112) requires a regulated facility to construct and operate in accordance with industry standard practices. A plan of action and prevention must be in place in order to comply with this regulation.
Plan Required: An SPCC plan assures the EPA that a farm or facility has planned actions to prevent spills from an above ground tank. The EPA believes that an SPCC plan will prevent an oil spill from impacting streams, creeks, lakes, ponds and other surface water.
What is an SPCC Plan? An SPCC plan must list countermeasures used to prevent spills, such as procedures and equipment to contain spills. These are NOT spill contingency plans that focus on actions after a spill, but actions to PREVENT spills before they occur.
Who must have one? The regulation applies to non-transportation-related facilities, including farms, that:
- Have an aggregate capacity in above-ground storage of more than 1,320 gallons, or a total [non-exempted] underground storage capacity of 42,000 gallons; and
- Could reasonably be expected to discharge oil in harmful quantities in "navigable waters of the United States.”
Estimated Product Handling: 2 to 3 days
After placing an order, customers have up to 48 hours to cancel the order unless the item has been crated and/or shipped.
Orders for large or heavy items ship via a trucking carrier. Freight delivery is typically 2 to 6 business days, allow extra time for remote locations.
The Freight Carrier or Tucking company will contact you to set up an appointment time before delivering. Once your product leaves our warehouse, we will send you an email with a link to the freight carrier’s website and the tracking number. Tracking numbers take 1 business day to update.
Please inspect your package upon delivery. If there is obvious damage, please note the damages on the delivery receipt. Contact us within 24 hours to report the damage, by either e-mail or phone. Please retain all original boxes and packaging.
Returns (Applies to Midwest Industrial Tanks only)
- All returns must be pre-authorized and require a return authorization. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return authorization.
- Returns are accepted for brand new and unopened products only. No products may be returned after installation or attempted installation.
- All returns must be requested within 30 calendar days from the delivery date.
- The product must be in the original packaging and include all packaging materials, crates, boxes, and pamphlets.
- All returns include a 25% restocking fee.
- Customers are required to pay for the cost of return freight shipping.
- The final return amount will be calculated as the Purchase Price less return shipping cost less the 25% restocking fee.