500 Gallon Above Ground Fuel Tank Options
Fuel tanks are available in multiple sizes and shapes designed to best meet the needs of various types of users. The most popular 500 gallon tank options include:
Skid tanks are cylindrical tanks designed with two opening slots at the bottom of the tank. These slots are specifically designed to allow a forklift to easily pick up and move a skid tank to your preferred location.
Bracket tanks are also cylindrical tanks but have a single rectangular bracket at the bottom of the tank designed to provide stability and support. These tanks have an open space at the bottom of the tank with four support beams that connect to the rectangular bracket on the ground.
Vertical tanks have a slim profile and are designed to stand up vertically which reduces the footprint necessary to house the vertical tank.
UL-142 Fuel Tanks
UL-142 fuel tanks are designed to meet the requirements established by Underwriters’ Laboratories for the above ground storage of flammable and combustible liquids.
How much does a 500 gallon fuel tank cost?
Pricing for a 500 gallon fuel tank depends on whether you choose single or double wall and whether or not you need a UL-142 rated tank.
The least expensive 500 gallon fuel tanks are single wall farm tanks. The most expensive 500 gallon fuel tanks are the double wall UL-142 rated tanks.
General price ranges are as follows:
- 500 Gallon Single Wall Farm Tanks - $1,490 - $1,550
- 550 Gallon Single Wall Farm Tanks - $1,370 - $1,400
- 550 Gallon UL-142 Single Wall Tanks - $1,470 - $1,500
- 550 Gallon UL-142 Double Wall Tanks - $2,430 - $2,500
500 Gallon Fuel Tank Dimensions
Dimensions for major types of 500 gallon fuel tanks are highlighted below:
- 500 Gallon Skid Tank: 45.5 inch diameter x 72 inches long
- 550 Gallon Skid Tanks: 48 inch diameter x 72 inches long
- 550 Gallon Vertical Tank: 48 inch diameter x 72 inches tall
How much does a 500 gallon steel tank weigh?
The weight of a 500 gallon steel fuel tank depends on whether the tank is single wall or double wall. Common weight ranges for 500 gallon tanks include:
- 500 Gallon Farm Skid Tank – weighs 500 pounds
- 550 Gallon Farm Skid Tank – weighs 540 pounds
- 550 Gallon UL-142 Single Wall Skid Tank – weighs 800 pounds
- 550 Gallon UL-142 Double Wall Skid Tank – weighs 1,450 pounds.
Additional Tank Options:
We offer additional fuel storage tanks in the following sizes: